Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Structure VS. Cover

Structure vs. Cover:
       Words.  I like them.  You can do a lot with words, and words can do a lot for you; if you understand them.  Today we have a vocabulary lesson.
        The words "structure" and "cover" come up quite a bit when discussing bass fishing.  Seasonal migration routes, the spawn, and daily feeding habits revolve around these things.  But what are they?  Are they the same?  Do they relate?  Yes and no.  If you don't know the difference, don't worry.  There's a lot of confusion on the subject and even many pros disagree with other pro's definitions.  Hopefully by the end of this you'll have a better understanding and can even come up with your own definitions to argue.  I think the 2003 Bassmaster Classic winner Mike Iaconelli explains it best:  


         I like words.  But maybe you don't.  As an elementary school teacher on my fishing off-days, I know that people learn in different ways.  So for the rest of this blog, I'll part ways with the words and focus on the more visual-spatial learners:  
 

     I hope this has cleared things up for you.      

     Tight lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment